[Nut-upsdev] new variable

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Thu Oct 1 07:56:16 UTC 2009

> As I told you, by making them a R/W variable. Have a look at the
> docs/new-drivers and look for 'dstate_setflags'.
>
> > I though I need some config file that contains this:
> > battery.current: 42.0
> > battery.current.recharge: 1.3
> > etc.
>
> Not recommended. Any variables from the configuration files require reloading
> the driver. It is probably much easier to make this a R/W variable, so that
> you can modify it on the fly via 'upsrw'.

At this moment I could not image why would be necessary to
reconfigure "physical" properties of the imaginary UPS soooo frequent
that reloading the driver becames unconvenient. But no problem.
Would you mind to suggest proper names the following constants?

"If state is OL and battery is not full, it will be charged
with this level of current"

"If state is OB and battery is not empty, it will discharged
with this level of current"

:-)

Gabor