[Nut-upsdev] new variable

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Thu Oct 1 10:22:05 UTC 2009

> I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here. It looks a lot like
> you're trying to duplicate the function of the dummy UPS driver we already
> have. Possibly with the exception of automating the discharge/charge cycles,
> but one could easily write a script to do this too (via upscmd controls). What

Oh dear! :-)
In the last two weeks I wrote two different versions of this script you mean.
(This is why I renewed the UPS::Nut Perl module.)

However I was unsatisfied with it. (It is complicated to monitor
and upsd produces tons of log messages if I continously modify
RW variables.)
One of my colleagues who is responsible for software
architecture _defintely_ asked me to create a driver instead.

Regards

Gabor