[Nut-upsdev] Help with AsciiDoc man pages

Alexander Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Sun Oct 11 22:49:49 UTC 2009

Hi Charles,

В Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:55:29 -0400
Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> пишет:
> ping?

Sorry for the late response :(

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a little bit of help with the man page conversion.
> >
> > So far, about a third of the man pages are converted, and I think it
> > would make sense to have a second or third set of eyes compare the
> > output to be sure that we are not losing any information in the
> > conversion process.
> >
> > In the tarballs generated from the AsciiDoc branch on
> > http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/ you will find the original man
> > pages in nut-*/man/, and the converted ones (currently only one
> > third of them) in nut-*/docs/man/
> >
> > On most systems, you don't need to install anything - just extract
> > the tarball, and run 'man' with a relative path to the man page
> > (e.g. 'man ./upsc.8' from the nut-*/docs/man/ directory).
> >
> > Here's the link to the latest tarball:
> > http://ocelot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/nut-2.4.1-r2012.tar.gz
> >
> > The corresponding HTML conversion is here:
> > http://buildbot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/docs/r2012-152/man/index.html

I've just commited a converted megatec_usb man page. Is it ok?
I'm going to convert at least all megatec-related man pages (blazer
ones two).

BTW, I'm getting this error when I type 'make':
/usr/bin/a2x -f manpage --attribute nutversion="2.4.1" `basename hosts.conf.txt`
ERROR: hosts.conf.txt: line 10: second section must be named SYNOPSIS
a2x: failed: asciidoc --doctype=manpage  -a "nutversion=2.4.1" -d manpage -b docbook "hosts.conf.txt"

If I insert SYNOPSIS section everything is OK. Sure this section is not
needed for configuration files.

P.S. It would be cool to convert everything automatically. Maybe
writing another one groff postprocessor, which will do the job, is not
very hard? I haven't looked at the code yet.

--
  Alexander