[Nut-upsdev] Evolution of the driver.list file

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:09:02 UTC 2009

Hi Arjen

2009/10/20 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>
>> - Arjen, Charles, Kjell, Alex: can you please check your drivers?
>>
>> - All: I may have missed or overcome something! please review this file.
>> and send back your comments.
>
> - megatec (and blazer_ser, which should be added to all drivers that are are
> supported by it) are based on a publicly available protocol (we even have it
> on the website), so I think these should have support status '3'
>
> - megatec_usb (and blazer_usb) is based on the roughly the same core
> protocol as megatec (and blazer_ser), however since the USB part is entirely
> based on reverse engineering I would regard them as having support status
> '1' (although one might argue that the availability of the core protocol
> warrants '2')

ok, I wasn't sure for the blazer* everywhere.
I've' updated all megatec and megatec_usb entries to also reference
blazer_ser and blazer_usb (with still the prio on megatec ATM ; though
we can start to list as "blazer* or megatec*" if you feel that way)

> - powerpanel and safenet should indeed have support status '1'
>
> - netxml-ups should indeed have support status '5'

thanks for these confirmations

> - remove the cyberpower driver from the list

glad to hear it ^_^
I've done the driver.list removal, leaving only the powerpanel refs.
can you take over the final removal of cyberpower (driver, manpage and
build rules)?

I'll commit the changes (including yours and Kjell's) once I've dealt
with Charles'

thanks for your feedback,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops