[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2036 - trunk/man

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 21 18:13:27 UTC 2009

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette op alioth.debian.org>:

> +.SS "Repetitive timeout and staleness"
> +
> +Some models tends to be unresponsive with the default polling frequency.
> +The result is that your system log will have lots of messages like:
> +.nf
> +	usb 2-1: control timeout on ep0in
> +	usb 2-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usbhid-ups rqt 128 rq 6 len 256
> +	ret -110
> +.fi
> +
> +In this case, simply modify the general parameter "pollinterval" to a higher
> +value (like 10 for 10 seconds). This should solve the issue.
> +

Should we make this the default for this driver? For instance, by adding

     poll_interval = 10;

in upsdrv_makevartable? It would still allow people to override this
(driver specific) default value, but might be a safer default than the
present default that is set in main.c and main-hal.c.

Please keep list traffic on the list