[Nut-upsdev] IVT SCD support status

Rainer Fuegenstein rfu at kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 22 17:39:32 UTC 2009

AQ> is that expected? remember that I've not followed the initial thread, nor
AQ> had time to do so...
no. every time I connect the serial cable from the SCD to a serial
port on a computer, the current drops by about 1A (meaning that
suddenly there's a load of about 12W). this "virtual" load disappears
as soon as the serial cable is disconnected.

In the meantime I figured out that this can't be a ground loop. even
if there's just battery / SCD / PC (solar panel and ethernet cable
disconnected), the current drops on connection of the serial cable.

I want to run some more tests with different ports / cables just to be
sure before I contact IVT again.

AQ> happy to see the first NUT SCD working ;-)

hopefully it won't stay the only one :-)

AQ> cheers
AQ> Arnaud

Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself -- and then a couple of more
feet, just to be sure.
(Eric Allman)