[Nut-upsdev] Liebert GXT2 NUT driver

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Apr 9 15:36:08 UTC 2010

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/2415

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/2421

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/2423

> In between this, there was Spiros's observation that the the Liebert
> NXe doesn't return some of the text strings that the GXT2 returns.

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/2423

> Assuming the driver is otherwise compatible (is it??), the most
> compatible fix is to get the strings separately and only make some
> of them an error condition.

We now only require the 'ups.model' string, all others are optional.
Please folks, checkout the latest development version from SVN before
asking if something has been included already.

> Also, the NXe has two serial ports, one 2400 baud (same as the
> GXT2), which is disabled when using the ethernet option and another
> at 9600 baud. The NUT driver assumes 2400 baud. To find how to
> implement this, will need to find an example NUT driver that uses
> differing serial baud rates, any suggestions?

The most reliable option is to default to 2400 baud, but allow to
override this in the 'ups.conf' file to another baudrate. We have
attempted autodetection in the past, but this takes more time (which
we don't want if the system is on battery and we want to send it a
shutdown command).

Please keep list traffic on the list