[Nut-upsdev] megatec_usb.c modification for UPSONIC PROFFICE 650 USB

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Jul 1 07:32:30 UTC 2010

Citeren Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette op free.fr>:

> that being said, you should give a try to blazer_usb, the successor of the
> megatec_usb driver.
> we will be interested in a debug output (ie /path/to/blazer_usb -DDDDD -a
> <upsname>
> along with the output of "lsusb -v" excerpt of your device.

For the blazer_usb driver, -DDD (debug level 3) is enough. Unless you
also want to debug the communication on the driver socket (for upsd),
running a driver with debug level 5 (-DDDDD) is usually a bad idea.

> now, since I don't know much about these drivers, I'll let Arjen comment on
> the patch itself.

At the very least, we'll need the USB ID of this device. Back in 2007,
this model used the 0665:5161 (Cypress Semiconductor) USB to serial
converter. If this is still used today, you should be fine running the
blazer_usb driver. Be sure to read 'man 8 blazer' before asking for
help.

The megatec_usb driver is a legacy driver that is not being actively
maintained. We won't accept patches for megatec_usb at this time. Your
modification also breaks the driver for USB to serial converters that
require reading until a timeout occurs.

Please keep list traffic on the list