[Nut-upsdev] Liebert ESP II driver

Robert Jobbagy jobbagy.robert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 08:19:44 UTC 2010

2010/7/14 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org <nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>>

> Citeren Robert Jobbagy <jobbagy.robert at gmail.com>:
>
>  Here are the steps that occur when a critical power event happens:
>>
>> 1. The UPS goes on battery
>>
>> 2. The UPS reaches low battery (a "critical" UPS)
>>
>> 3. The upsmon master notices and sets "FSD" - the "forced shutdown"
>>   flag to tell all slave systems that it will soon power down the load.
>>

>> But If I use my ups with nut on Battery when UPS don't send LB event just
>> do
>> Output OFF and kill PC and after itself.
>>

> I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Please explain in little
> more detail what you're trying to ask. The 'upsmon' client will only start a
> shutdown if it sees both the OB LB flags. In the absence of a functional
> upsdrv_shutdown, this is all NUT will do. The liebert-esp2 driver does not
> have either a upsdrv_shutdown and/or functional instcmd's at the time of
> this writing. If your UPS happens to kill the power (at any time), it is
> doing this all by itself. There is currently nothing NUT can do about that.
> See also the previous messages in this thread.

It's not important anymore, because battery of  other Liebert ups  is wrong.
Liebert-esp2 driver works fine with my ups.

>  I don't understand when or why called the upsdrv_shutdown function?
>>

> This is called when you run a driver with the '-k' flag on the command line
> (or by running 'upsdrvctl shutdown', which will do this for all configured
> drivers). Typically this is done in the system halt script just before the
> system powers down (see also the INSTALL file).

Thanks your answer.

>  Please someone tell me what happens if UPS works on battery and I use NUT.
>>

> See above.
>

> Best regards, Arjen
> --
> Please keep list traffic on the list

I tested my ups with liebert-esp2 driver and use it ON Battery and if ups
status will be LB then shutdown the PC but if power back
then PC stay power off.
How can I configure nut that if power back then PC start automatic ?

Thanks your advice.

--
Best Regards,

Robert