[Nut-upsdev] Syslog flooding

Kelvin Ku kelvin at telemetry-investments.com
Mon May 10 20:40:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 08:23:24AM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Kelvin Ku
> <kelvin at telemetry-investments.com> wrote:

> >> If you post to the development mailing list, we more or less assume that
> >> you're following development versions and basically checked against the
> >> latest version from the trunk (*not* the latest stable version). This
> >> might not the case here and I suspect that you might be hit by a problem
> >> that was recently fixed:
> >>
> >>     http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/changeset/2407
> >>
> >> Please checkout the latest version from the trunk, which will have this
> >> patch included. You only need to apply the patch to 'tripplite-hid.c'.
> >> The remainder of the changes will be done automatically when you run
> >> 'make dist' after './configure'.
> >
> > Just to be clear, the relevant patch is for drivers/libhid.c, not
> > drivers/tripplite-hid.c, right?
> >
> > I applied the patch for libhid.c. Let's see how it goes.
>
> What was the status of applying the change from r2407 (linked above)?
>
> Also, what kernel and distribution are you using?
>
> thanks,

No more syslog flooding since applying the patch. I'm running NUT on a variety
of kernels:

2.6.19-1.2911.fc6
2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64
2.6.22.14-72.fc6
2.6.22.11-68.fc6
2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6
2.6.22.2-42.fc6

and, as you can see, Fedora Core 6 and 12.

I notice I failed to apply the patch to one host that was spewing, but the
problem seems to have gone away there since I upgraded from FC6 to F12.

Thanks for the patch.

- Kelvin