[Nut-upsdev] usbhid-ups causing hang on boot with 2.6.35 - any ideas?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:15:43 UTC 2010

On 09/03/2010 03:49 AM, Arjen de Korte wrote:

>> Looks like some type of udev issue or kernel issue, but I thought I would
>> check here to see if you guys have any more info on the problem. Anybody seen
>> this behavior before?
>
> This looks like the udev rules are incorrect. If memory serves, there have been
> some changes in the syntax (BUS was changed to SUBSYSTEMS). Other than that,
> there are no known issues.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Arjen,

	Thanks for the reply. I'll bet there is a udev rules issue that is flaky,
because I haven't changed a thing, and every other time (~50%) when udev is
called on boot, usbhid-ups loads fine and everything works. The other times,
usbhid-ups hangs and doesn't load and nothing works. I'll pass this along to the
Arch Linux devs and see if they can confirm the udev rules and that changes have
been incorporated. Thanks!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC