[Nut-upsdev] Patch for addition of Cyberpower RMCARD100, 201, 202, 301 (snmp mib)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:55:59 UTC 2011

2011/12/5 Eric Schultz <eric.schultz at cyvon.com>:

> On 12/01/2011 04:38 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> 2011/11/30 Eric Schultz<eric.schultz at cyvon.com>:
>>>
>>> I did a bunch of work on this today. It should be all set to go.
>>>
>>> This patch is to add support for the Cyberpower RMCARD snmp cards.
>>> I basically copied the driver for bestpower, changed the name and
>>> updated the mib map.
>>> I have this running on two separate systems (two separate ups's) and it
>>> looks good.
>>>
>>> The only thing I could not figure out was updating the Makefile.am (my
>>> aclocal/libtools seem to be broken.) So I manually updated the
>>> Makefile.in to get it compiled. Someone with a build environment that
>>> works better than mine should be able to easily update the Makefile.am
>>> (I think there are just 2 or 3 entries... just find bestpower and add a
>>> cyberpower entry matching bestpower.)
>>>
>>> Attached are two patches:
>>> cyberpower-mib.patch
>>>    - includes cyberpower-mib driver
>>>    - updated snmp-ups man page
>>>    - updated hcl
>>>
>>> cyberpower-mib.makefile.patch
>>>    - my little hacking to drivers/Makefile.in ... used just so I could
>>> build it... only included for completness sake.
>>>
>>> Any chances of this getting integrated into main? I tried to keep it
>>> simple and tested.
>>
>> sure, but after one tiny completion:
>> I will need the sysOID value (Ie snmpget ... .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0)
>>
>> I'll do some cleanup and make integration on my side.
>> Thanks for your contribution.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Arnaud
>

> the output of the command you gave was:
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.3808
>
> is that what you were looking for?

yup, better in numeric format, but it's there easy to translate:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.3808

Your patch is committed to the development version (trunk, r3341).
If you have a chance, please test this trunk to ensure that everything
is alright.

thansk for your contribution,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com