[Nut-upsdev] [NUT]updated powercom driver for powercom BNT-500AP

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at free.fr
Thu Jan 13 15:09:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

2010/12/27 김기세 <pointbre at naver.com>

> First of all, thanks for your effort to NUT Project,
> I'm developing remote monitoring solution for many devices based on linux
> server.
> In field test, we reached the power shutdown problem which may cause the
> crack of linux file system.
> I search the solution and find NUT project and i'm very glad that NUT
> support Powercom UPS Products.
>
> Nowadays Powercom BNT-500AP is the cheapest model with serial port In South
> Korea, so i buy it for test.
> while I'm testing it with NUT but it isn't easy.
>
> I checked the source file and found that there wasn't code for BNT-500AP.
> BNT-500AP had the different model code(0x4b, it's KIN type) with other BNT
> series(0x42), also data format was different with KIN type(similiar with IMP
> type).
> I fixed the source for BNT-500AP.
> Please review my source part and update it to NUT official source code.
>
> Also, i wrote some guide docoment for Korean User.
> If possible, please link my blog post in NUT documentation page.
> http://blog.pointbre.com/2903/nutnetwork-ups-tool-korean-guidebook.html
>
> I hope my effort help NUT project.

could you please provide a unified diff against the latest trunk?
Ie:
http://new.networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s03.html#_submitting_patches

check the paragraph 3.9

meanwhile, I've added your documentation to the new documentation section
(commit r2823):
http://new.networkupstools.org/documentation.html

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com