[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] buildbot failure in Network UPS Tools on Ubuntu-maverick-x86 [nutscan-snmp.h]

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:38:02 UTC 2011

2011/7/14 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > 2011/7/8 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/Ubuntu-maverick-x86/builds/39

> branch:

> `/var/lib/buildbot/buildbot-slave-cayenne/Ubuntu-maverick-x86/build/tools/nut-scanner'

> `/var/lib/buildbot/buildbot-slave-cayenne/Ubuntu-maverick-x86/build/tools'
> or
> >>
> >> right, I still have not been able to find something that suits the
> compile
> >> time (nut-scanner) needs while still satisfying the "dist" rules...
> >> the issue above is due to tools/nut-scanner requiring
> >> nutscan-{usb,snmp}.h, called from the same directory, but with a
> >> "top_srcdir" having an extraneous "..", so not suitable for
> >> tools/Makefile.am execution.
> >>
> >> I'm still investigating for a solution. If someone has an idea...
> >>
> >> So how does this get compiled in a non-dist situation?
> >
> > should be good now, with r3134.
>
> Looking good:
>

> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/Ubuntu-maverick-x86/builds/48

indeed.
I've abandoned optimization for now, and focused on making it work.
so there are duplicated rules, just to be able to address the previous
issues.

I've not yet looked much at the code, but there are at least few bugs that
need fixing.
I've tested it, and it currently takes under 5 seconds to scan local USB,
SNMP, XML/HTTP and NUT (non avahi method) and identify an hundred devices.
Not that bad ;)
I'll now be able to look into nut-config (command line) and also gluing this
with Python + Augeas + NUT-Monitor

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com
Conseiller Municipal - Saint Bernard du Touvet