[Nut-upsdev] FSP UPS EP-650 /1K and other, NUT port for mipsel routers like avm fritz!box, firmware usb interface issues

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:49:55 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

Note that I'm not replying in general to your post, but simply to the
below statement.

2011/10/3 thomas schorpp:
> Sorry, I did not know reverse engineering is forbidden in this project, not
> stated in Your developers guide, removed and repost.

where have you seen this mention in NUT?

Most NUT drivers have been developed thanks to reverse engineering!
Look at:
- the "Support level legend" here:
http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html
- and the introduction text here:
http://www.networkupstools.org/ups-protocols.html

That being said, you should still respect your local legislation,
which may or not permit reverse engineering...
Since you are German, there are no problem AFAIK.

cheers,