[Nut-upsdev] PDU support for DigiPower and Aviosys devices

simon-alioth at eazimail.com simon-alioth at eazimail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:45:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm thinking about adding support for PDU (Power Distribution Unit) devices
from Digipower [1] and Aviosys [2] to NUT via the SNMP interface.

The specific devices I have in mind are the following:

Digipower   AMz-1623/SW-08-1
Aviosys	IP Power 925x

(both are 8-port PDUs which are SNMP capable via an ethernet interface)

Does anybody have other DigiPower or Aviosys devices and if so would you
share an SNMP dump of the vendor section of the MIB so that I can verify the
internal differences?.

>From linux/bsd you can dump the vendor section of the MIB by typing:

snmpwalk -v 1 -c private -CI 172.16.1.21 .1.3.6.1.4.1
Or,
snmpwalk -v 1 -c private -CI 172.16.1.21 .1.3.6.1.4.1.vOID

Change as needed, where
  private = SNMP community
  172.16.1.21 = IP of your device
  vOID=Vendor OID

Digipower vOID=17420
Aviosys 9258 vOID=92.58 (for other models it probably follows the same xx.xx
notation)

One feature of the DigiPower PDUs is that internally the outlets are split
into banks of 8, with a maximum of 16 banks per PDU. Whether the internal
structure varies between ranges is not clear from the MIB. If you have one
of there PDUs I'd be very interested in the MIB dumps to compare.

If you want more info about these PDU devices and interfacing via command
line, SNMP and script library have a look on this site [3].

[1] http://www.digipower.com.tw/PDU/AmazingPDUswitched.htm
[2] http://www.aviosys.com/9258sx.html
[3] http://thornton.info/tools/pdudevices.htm

Thanks,