[Nut-upsdev] reposurgeon and svn:ignore on a newly added directory

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 12:28:45 UTC 2012

On Apr 12, 2012, at 11:18 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:

> One corner case I ran across when building from a reposurgeon-generated tree is that .gitignore files do not seem to be generated when a directory is created at the same time as its svn:ignore property is set.

A quick update for the NUT list: I am still tracking this down, plus another issue where .gitignore files linger after their parent directory has been deleted. While these are not the only discrepancies between the reposurgeon and git-svn conversions, they generate a lot of noise in the diffs, and I would like to fix them so that they don't mask other differences.

Eric: do you have any local commits to reposurgeon that haven't been pushed to gitorious? Fixing this will probably involve a good bit of code shuffling in the vicinity of line 2216, and I don't even want to think what a merge would look like.

Also, I am trying to work on a test case for this, but I am still trying to figure out a good way to generate the "golden" files for the output comparison. Suggestions are welcome.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail