[Nut-upsdev] bestfortress driver establishes/loses/establishes communication and so on...

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:25:23 UTC 2012

2012/1/24 Oliver Kluge <ok23 at kluge-digital.de>:
> Hi, this is the driver output with -DDDD (5).

Hi

> This is all. After the final line no more output from the driver at all,
> just the regular status broadcasts from upsmon. But the driver process is
> still up and running, as the occasional changes in staleness show. But no
> more debug output.
> (...)

nothing but normal, since this driver was lacking debug traces.
This is what I added in the current development version.
Could you please try this and report again the traces?

Use the following procedure to do so:
$ svn co svn://anonscm.debian.org/nut/trunk
$ cd trunk
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc/nut --with-statepath=/var/run/nut
--with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut --with-drvpath=/lib/nut
--with-pidpath=/var/run/nut --datadir=/usr/share/nut
--with-pkgconfig-dir=/usr/lib/pkgconfig --with-user=nut
--with-group=nut
$ make
$ sudo ./drivers/bestfortress -a fortress -DDDDD

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com