[Nut-upsdev] HCL: Zigor Danubio 2000 supported(ish) by blazer_usb

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 3 21:03:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 20:45 +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> apart that load.* and shutdown.* may require the UPS to be on battery
> to actually work.
> at the very least, SxxRxxxx (S for shutdown, R for restart, and xx for
> delays), so load.* and shutdown.*, must be implemented.
> if this last test fails, you should really get refunded.

Hm, wait — krauler_subcommand() doesn't even *do* anything for the
SxxRxxxx commands. We're not actually asking the UPS to do anything at
all.

This test (test.battery.start.deep) should at least do *something*, but
doesn't...

  39.195653	send: TL
  39.596730	received 10 (85)
  39.596780	read: UPS No Ack
  39.997623	received 10 (85)
  39.997680	read: UPS No Ack
  40.398541	received 10 (85)
  40.398557	read: UPS No Ack
  40.799400	received 10 (85)
  40.799450	read: UPS No Ack
  41.200526	received 10 (85)
  41.200583	read: UPS No Ack
  41.601580	received 10 (85)
  41.601627	read: UPS No Ack
  42.002598	received 10 (85)
  42.002651	read: UPS No Ack
  42.403712	received 10 (85)
  42.403758	read: UPS No Ack
  42.804772	received 10 (85)
  42.804827	read: UPS No Ack
  43.206129	received 10 (85)
  43.206181	read: UPS No Ack
  43.206195	instcmd: command [test.battery.start.deep] handled

Did we ever have any documentation on this protocol, or was it all
reverse-engineered?

--
dwmw2