[Nut-upsdev] Apply a driver change

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at mittelstaedt.us
Thu Sep 26 18:37:08 UTC 2013

Here is the general procedure to do this:

First, you must compile nut yourself on ubuntu, with the patch, then
rename the existing NUT binaries to backup files and copy over your
modified binaries to where the original binaries were.

However, since these patches are local, if the nut
package maintainer for Ubuntu releases a new package, your patches will
be overwritten.

To fix this, after you have applied these patches and verified they are
correct, you need to contact the nut package maintainer for Ubuntu,
which you can find here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut

The best way would be to submit a formal bug there.  Once they verify
the bug they can incorporate the patch.

Could you tell us where you found the patch that fixes it, please,
so that we could see it?

Thanks,

Ted