[Nut-upsdev] building NUT on Mac OS X Yosemite (website/documentation)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 01:29:56 UTC 2014

On Dec 28, 2014, at 4:38 PM, hyouko at gmail.com wrote:

> So, I think this can be solved replacing all the occurrences (3) of
> 'echo -e' with 'printf' in Makefile.am, see:
> https://github.com/zykh/nut-website/tree/issue7
> Does it solve the problem? Are there other hiccups?

As expected, printf works for me on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) as well.

The only thing we need to watch out for is when the parameters to printf have '%' embedded in them. Probably not a problem for the DDL, since '%' has special meaning in URLs, but using 'printf %s' should avoid problems down the road.

Thanks,

- Charles Lepple