[Nut-upsdev] APC SNMP set values patches incorporation

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 20:10:36 UTC 2014

On Jan 25, 2014, at 2:29 PM, Jernej Jakob wrote:

> On 10/18/2013 02:54 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> On Oct 18, 2013, at 6:27 AM, Jernej Jakob wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to know if the patches described at:
>>>
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/nut-upsuser@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg07881.html
>>>
>>> were ever incorporated into upstream.
>>> If so, whom would I have to talk to regarding importing them into latest Ubuntu and possibly making a backport to precise?
>>
>> Arnaud and Fred have been working on the SNMP driver, so I CC'd them.
>>
>> For Ubuntu, I think you would need to file a bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut
>>

> Just reminding everyone about the patch. It is still not in master.

Well, we gave them a fair chance to respond, so hopefully they won't complain if this isn't fixed to their liking :-)

> I am thinking about doing a commit or pull request on github but I would have to set up the code in my repo. Is that OK?

If you are already on Github but don't have a copy of the NUT repo, you can go to https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/fork and commit to your fork. (The exact methodology doesn't matter, but I would recommend creating a branch, committing there, and creating the pull request from there.)

Or do you want me to apply the patch to a new branch, and you can test from there? If you don't have a copy of the NUT repo on Github already, this might not be worth the setup effort.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail