[Nut-upsdev] POWERCOM HID USB controller update

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:05:41 UTC 2014

On Nov 11, 2014, at 3:30 PM, Maksym Bodaniuk <max.bodaniuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Charles and Artem,
>
> I've recently bought a new PowerCom Imperial IMD825-AP LCD which identifies itself as 0x0d9f:0x0004.
> At first glance it seems that usbhid-ups driver works fine. But when I tried to shutdown UPS via DelayBeforeShutdown it started double beeping every couple seconds for indefinite time (the same problem described by Vincenzo Colonnella here: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2013-February/006403.html).
>
> I suppose that recent protocol change affects a protocol specifications for DelayBeforeShutdown and powercom_shutdown_info methods should be modified to support 0x0004 devices. But unfortunately the protocol specifications attached by Alexey Morozov didn't clarify much for me.
> My assumption here that PowerCom developers made a new devices with ID 0x0d9f:0x0004 more compatible with USB HID PDC and therefore we do not need any specific conversions for passed values anymore.

Sigh, I wish the vendors wouldn't change operation without changing identifiers.

Do you have any recommendations on how the driver should decide whether it is an old 0x0004 or new 0x0004 device?

Here is an older Powercom device with productId 00a2 - how does your output of 'upsc' compare?

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail