[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] NHS Expert C Online 6000 supported by gamatronic

Thiago Wiezbicki thiagowzb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 10:16:26 UTC 2014

*Q:   Quick question: does "battery.runtime" update when the device is on
battery, or is this field always zero?*

*A:  Yes, the UPS battery time starts counting when the device starts on
battery.*

Q: "battery.runtime.low" should be the number of seconds remaining before
switching to "LB" status. This seems large, even for a 6000 VA UPS. Is this
configurable?
A: I can explain to you this large number. This number is large because UPS
isn't on battery mode, then the UPS superestimate the number because it's
the maximum value possible. When the UPS switch to battery mode, this value
will be consistent.

Q: 210.5 V seems reasonable for the specifications. Is there a way in the
SEC protocol to report "battery.voltage.nominal"?
A:  This UPS have 16 x 12 V serie batteries. The SEC protocol doesn't
specify any nominal voltage for battery, only for inputs, outputs and
bypass.

Q: For the HCL, should we list this as a serial UPS, or is it USB that is
auto-detected by the Linux kernel as a USB-to-serial converter?
A: Our UPS have one serial RS-232 (DB-9) connector and a USB connector. For
serial, this device use /dev/ttySx (Linux) or COMx (Windows) device name
and don't need any driver. For USB , our device use a CDC usb class USB
(it's a serializable USB, liking a USB-to-serial converter), for Linux
kernel >= 2.6 it's auto detected, for Windows you need to Install a driver
equal usb-to-serial converter with these parameters :   VID = 0x925   and
PID = 0x1241.

Q: Does "ups.id" usually report a unique ID, or did you remove it? (No
worries if you did; we will just mark it as such in the DDL).