[Nut-upsdev] RS-232 Port with Nut

Carsten Burkhardt c.burkhardt at b-c-s.de
Tue Dec 1 09:05:05 UTC 2015

Am 30.11.2015 um 19:25 schrieb Marks, Connor:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to read my Eaton 5P 1550 with the Rs-232 port but I cannot get nut to read the driver from my Rs-232 to USB adaptor.
>
> When I perform lsusb –t it says my B&B electronics adaptor uses driver ftdi_sio
>
> How do I get the nut to read information coming from that??
> Thanks,
>
> Connor

Hello Connor.

Why do you want to do this?
You have the choice an RS232 or USB to communicate. No adapter is necessary.

Please have a look at following link:

http://lit.powerware.com/ll_download.asp?file=5P_EMEA_EN.345.pdf&ctry=81

On Page 15 you can see the technical instruction "3.6 Communication ports" and the point
"Connection of RS232 or USB communication port".

Please take another cable. Let me know, if you solve the problem and if my advices are helpful.

Greetings from

Carsten

Dipl. Ing.Carsten Burkhardt | c.burkhardt at b-c-s.de
bcs kommunikationslösungen
Inh. Dipl. Ing. Carsten Burkhardt
Harz 51 | 06108 Halle (Saale) | Germany
tel +49 345 29849-0 | fax +49 345 29849-22
www.b-c-s.de | www.halle.it | www.wivewa.de

Danke für Ihren Besuch:
Linux Presentation Day - 14. November 2015
http://www.halle.it/linux-presentation-day/

EINFACH ADRESSEN, TELEFONATE UND DOKUMENTE VERWALTEN - MIT WIVEWA -
IHREM WISSENSVERWALTER FUER IHREN BETRIEB!