[Nut-upsdev] Stopping Machine powering off

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Dec 8 11:07:29 UTC 2015

8 декабря 2015 г. 6:05:23 CET, Gernot Zander <debian at scorpio.in-berlin.de> пишет:
>Hi,
>
>am  7 Dez schrieb Charles Lepple:
>>> MONITOR dummyups at localhost 1 monmaster masterpass master
>>> MONITOR  testups at localhost 0 monmaster masterpass master
>>> MINSUPPLIES 1
>> To simplify, you could eliminate "dummyups" and use "MINSUPPLIES 0".
>
>Maybe there's a bug. To monitor an UPS wich doesn't supply power to a
>raspi I used:
>MONITOR usv1vr at localhost 0 monmaster XXXXX master
>MONITOR usv2vr at localhost 0 monmaster XXXXX master
>MINSUPPLIES 0
>
>But each time usv1.vr does its selftest or has a voltage dip I get mail
>"raspixx on battery". That's why I added the dummy ups. It didn't came
>to a shutdown yet, fortunatly, so I'm not sure.
>
>CU,
>Gernot

Why bug? You monitor the ups, so you're assumed interested about its state changes (wording might be wrong for this case in a particular implementation of NOTIFYCMD - but feel free to write your own as in the old days). You wrote that it feeds zero supplies of this host so you don't power off because of its events.

Also as noted by somebody else, feel free to adapt SHUTDOWNCMD e.g. to a script that would

echo 'upsmon would shut down thus host now' | wall

so instead of shutting down you just get a console message (and/or syslog via 'logger', email, etc.) that the shutdown routine would've kicked in if you didn't override it in this manner.

Hope this helps,
Jim Klimov
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android