[Nut-upsdev] problem with NOTIFYCMD

John Hart jsamcr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:35:37 UTC 2015

I have been racking my brains on this and just can't figure it out.
In  upsmon.conf  I defined NOTIFYCMD as /etc/nut/notifyme.sh
I did CHMOD 755 /etc/nut/notifyme.sh
I put a line in  /etc/nut/notifyme.sh  to echo a simple message when it is
called and the message never shows on an open terminal whenever I pull the
plug to the UPS.
I do, however get a WALL broadcast message to that open terminal when I
pull the UPS power cord.
What do I need to do?  I would like to use notify-send in the shell script
so I would see pop-up messages on the screen and also message
notifications.  I will send whatever files you request.

Regards,
John Hart