[Nut-upsdev] Open source UPS server?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 00:12:36 BST 2018

On Sep 26, 2018, at 6:50 AM, Mark Bettles <alo0taoranges at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apologies for my intrusion here, I am merely seeking help for a project I wish to have a go at. I have a pretty dumb UPS, and an Intel Galileo (Arduino clone with a network interface). I wish to make the UPS a bit smarter using the Galileo, are there any software  packages available to enable SNMP functionality from the device perspective? Can I effectively make my own, network enabled UPS controller with available projects? If not, are there any open source firmware releases for a UPS for me to examine and understand what I can do?

If I understand what you are looking for, the search term for publishing information over SNMP is "SNMP agent". I know this has come up a few times in the NUT lists, but it isn't a common use case. At the very least, you can find some references to the IETF UPS MIBs in the NUT source code.

Also, Eric S. Raymond was working on organizing a project around developing open-source UPS hardware/firmware earlier this year. It may not have what you are looking for, but there might be other ideas there: https://gitlab.com/esr/upside

[please use reply-all to include the list]