[Nut-upsdev] Mess of bitmask flags for SNMP-UPS

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:03:11 GMT 2021

Hello all,

  During recent work on some issues with SNMP support in NUT, I've spent
some time looking at our flag processing with mib2nut, and much of it seems
either overly complicated or plain wrong. At least, it is not as easy to
comprehend, maintain or develop against, as it could be.

  And so I want to redefine bit-shift values in `snmp-ups.h` but would
welcome insights to avoid making the situation even worse ;)

  Details and a greeting for discussion are in PR #1177 that documents my
findings and clears a few basic build warnings around this:

* https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1177

Thanks in advance,
Jim Klimov