[Nut-upsdev] On retiring some terminology

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:22:19 GMT 2022

On Mar 12, 2022, at 11:51 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt via Nut-upsdev <nut-upsdev at alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:

> 11 post over the last year on this topic.  Lots of effort expended on a WOKE problem far more than effort expended on real issues that actually affect code functionality.  My condolences.

Ted, this project doesn't need yet another a Monday morning quarterback. Not sure how you're counting those 11 posts (remember, this request originally came in through GitHub, and the initial poster made a very level-headed request for synonyms in the configuration), but no matter, Jim has admirably worked this change in among hundreds of other more substantial commits.

Constructive criticism is welcome, including offering ideas on where to expend developer energy in the future for better impact. Uninformed comparisons to other projects after work has been undertaken are not useful. You have provided contrarian advice before on these lists, and I wouldn't be surprised if you saved some people the trouble of doing things the hard way. But that's very different than offering an eyeroll literally a year after the discussion started.

- Charles