[Nut-upsdev] Proposal: Add an "initialize.*" prefix to `ups.conf` device settings

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Aug 16 19:33:51 BST 2023

I guess the big question is whether variables are under the control of
driver or config or both, and how do we know.  It seems best to step
back and assess the semantics and assumptions about what is written
when.  Maybe drivers should just write to hw when  variable is written.
Or maybe we already have a "read only by system and driver is in charge"
norm.

I realize this is in some way a clueless answer, but I think we need to
have a clear architecture first and then the answer will fall out
easily.