[Nut-upsdev] Adding More Variables from the CyberPower MIB

Craig Holyoak craig at helmsdeep.org
Fri Jul 7 22:42:23 BST 2023

As per https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1982 I'm looking to
add a few more variables from the CyberPower SNMP MIB. At question in
particular are the values added to the ups.status variable coming from
the CPS-MIB::upsStatus.0 OID. These values are, from the MIB:

upsStatus OBJECT-TYPE
                SYNTAX INTEGER       {
                  normal                (1),
                  overheat              (2),
                  hardwarefault         (3)
                }
                ACCESS read-only
                STATUS mandatory
                DESCRIPTION
                        "The UPS system status."
                ::= { upsSystem 1 }

and seem to reflect a handful of hardware error conditions. In the PR
I've just made up a couple of values that will be appended to the
status if present ("OH" (overheat) and "HW" (hardwarefault)) and are,
I admit, relatively arcane. Feedback is welcomed.

I would also consider that these conditions might be better served as
alarms (ups.alarm) where, it seems, more descriptive messages are
applicable.

Thoughts?

--
Craig Holyoak