[Nut-upsdev] Using common DCO for NUT

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Jul 20 18:43:55 BST 2023

Jim Klimov via Nut-upsdev <nut-upsdev at alioth-lists.debian.net> writes:

> * https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1994
> * https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1995
>
> There are some wrinkles to iron out later (gotta run now), but
> generally I intend to move forward with merging this before long. What
> do you think?

I'm kind of meh, as I see inbound=outbound as representing this anyway,
but it doesn't upset me.  However, it makes it less likely that I would
take other's code from the list and package it as PR.  However that is
already not that likely.

I don't know what to make of "you are encouraged to pgp sign commits",
other than as a vague encouragement with no consequences for not doing
so and no plan to require it in the future.  Which means that I don't
intend to pay attention to that part, unless I decided to start doing
that in general for git.

I totally get the point, though.

This would not stop me at all from submitting my own work to nut.