[Nut-upsdev] Help: Vultech UPS 1500VA (richcomm_usb)

Stefan Kern epiclper7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 11:13:02 BST 2024

Heya,

first time posting to a mailing list so please excuse me if I do something
wrong :)

I'm new to NUT and trying to get things working on my TrueNAS, I have a
"Vultech 1500VA" UPS which comes with the software "PowerManager II" and it
seems to be using the "richcomm_usb" driver. There are 5 devices in the
compatibility list and I tried all of them, sadly to no success. All of
them report that the UPS is not connected to mains (or randomly switches
between states) and no battery information. I also tried all the "various"
listed drivers to no avail either.

This specific UPS seems to be rather unpopular as well, I wasn't able to
find much info about it or the company in general. Is there anything else I
can try or provide? I'd love to help to my best abilities to try and get it
to work somehow :) I quickly read through the driver development guide but
this is sadly way above my current skill level.

Thanks already!

Best Regards,
Stefan