[Nut-upsdev] Help: Vultech UPS 1500VA (richcomm_usb)

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Apr 19 13:01:20 BST 2024

Jim Klimov via Nut-upsdev <nut-upsdev at alioth-lists.debian.net> writes:

>   If you can not get into the (TrueNAS) appliance for larger experiments
> but have a computer or VM (with USB/Serial port pass-through) to spare, it
> may be helpful to build current NUT code base there and test
> support-ability of the device with it, see:
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/Building-NUT-for-in%E2%80%90place-upgrades-or-non%E2%80%90disruptive-tests

Let me say that more loudly: You should be testing and using the latest
NUT code.  At the very least 2.8.2.  Often packaging systems have old
code, and running that means you are missing a lot of fixes.   Sometimes
that means you  are missing a fix that takes you from head scratching to
just working.

The advice to test with some other box is great.