[Nut-upsdev] Aegis protect d3000

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 07:13:55 GMT 2024

uHello and welcome!

  I've seen similar behavior when libusb (used by the NUT driver here)
could not take full control of the USB device node (something else in the
OS or pass-throughs of a virtualization stack "owned" it too).

  Check if nut-driver.service start-up logs (assuming systemd-aware
packaging), or /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages complain about
something like this.

  Alternatively, stop the NUT service and run the driver program from
command line with added debug verbosity option, e.g.:

  usbhid-ups -a ups -DDDDDD -d 1

(not sure OTOH if `-d` option was in NUT 2.7.4 already - it lets the driver
collect data, print it out and exit after e.g. 1 loop cycle; if not - these
datapoints would be seen as "dstate" changes in the debug trace).

  This might glean some light onto why it won't see more info. Maybe MGE
HID is not a suitable USB mapping table, etc.

Also note that 2.7.4 is a rather old release of NUT. Consider getting a
newer package or building your own from source.

Jim