[Nut-upsdev] Cyber Power LE1000DG UPS

Justin Choponis justin at choponis.us
Sat Jan 13 23:28:56 GMT 2024

I have a Cyber Power LE1000DG UPS I got from Best Buy this weekend. I plan to use it with a TrueNAS scale system, and it is connected via USB. Vendor link: https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/battery-backup/le1000dg/.

TrueNAS has you pick a UPS driver. I could not find any "LE" related models on https://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html (which is the list TrueNAS uses). Per your guidance on that page, I tried one that I hoped was compatible: "Cyber Power Systems ups 2 Value 800E USB (usbhid-ups)". Every Cyber Power system with USB on the list there seems to use usbhid-ups anyway - so perhaps picking any of them is reasonable?

I can have the TrueNAS system power down when power is lost and the UPS runs on battery, but I see occasional messages about communications being lost with the UPS (saying "Statistics could not be recovered"). I also see statistics being gathered in other alert messages (like it is working fine). This made me think I should check with folks that knew more about this kind of thing. Perhaps, there's more to this than I was originally thinking? Is there something this group might recommend I try to if there's a UPS on the list that is more compatible with the LE1000DG?

Thank you for any insights!

Best,
Justin