[Nut-upsuser] Re: tripp lite omnivs1500xl and usb

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Mon Aug 8 13:25:25 UTC 2005

> ./configure --with-user=nut --prefix=/usr/local/nut-2.0.2
> --with-linux-hiddev=/usr/src/linux/include/linux/hiddev.h

this flag is only needed for the old hidups.
newhidups use libusb...

> but, when i run newhidups this is what i get:
>
> [/usr/local/nut-2.0.2](10)# ./bin/newhidups -DDDDD auto
> Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.23 (2.0.2)
> No USB/HID UPS found
>

> from looking at the newhidups source i know that this ups isn't supported
> yet, but it doesn't even print out the "manufacturer not supported"
> message even though the vendor id 09ae matches.
>
> hopefully i haven't missed something obvious but i would really like to
> help get this ups working with nut if it's possible.

you should have miss the hotplug files installation.
try "export USB_DEBUG=3", and you should get
some "operation not permitted errors".
For the solution, look at (search for hotplug):
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2005-August/000110.html

Lastly, as far as I remember, tripplite doesn't expose
much data, and we never succeeded in getting something
from that:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2005-July/000047.html

As always, my recommendation is... MGE!

Arnaud Quette