[Nut-upsuser] cannnot load drivers for a Belkin F6C800-UNV

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 08:56:35 UTC 2005

> > From: Charles Lepple
> > Date: Dec 3, 2005 8:40 PM
> > Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] Re: cannnot load drivers for a Belkin F6C800-UNV
> >
> > On 12/3/05, Drew wrote:
> > > Now to figure out how to fix hotplug and I'm set. :)
> >
> > Not sure how Gentoo does it, but here's the stuff used for the
> > Debian/Ubuntu packages:
> >
> > (see hotplug and/or hotplug-ng directories)
> >
> > http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/nut/scripts/?cvsroot=nut&only_with_tag=Development
>
> make that: http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/nut/scripts/?cvsroot=nut&hideattic=0&only_with_tag=Testing
>
> > http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/branches/Development/scripts/
>
> and http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/branches/Testing/scripts/
>
> --
> - Charles Lepple

Thanks. That gave me a template to work from for setting things up.
Hotplug is now working and I thought I'd pass on my changes to the
hotplug files you mentioned above. Also, the script 'libhidups.in' is
just renamed 'newlibhid' to suit the new entries.

###newhidups.usermap###
(((START)))
# This file is installed by the Network UPS Tools package.
#
# Sample entry (replace 0xVVVV and 0xPPPP with vendor ID and product
ID respectively) :
# libhidups      0x0003      0xVVVV   0xPPPP    0x0000       0x0000
   0x00         0x00            0x00            0x00            0x00
            0x00               0x00000000
#
# usb module         match_flags idVendor idProduct bcdDevice_lo
bcdDevice_hi bDeviceClass bDeviceSubClass bDeviceProtocol
bInterfaceClass bInterfaceSubClass bInterfaceProtocol driver_info
#
# Belkin F6C800-UNV(usb)
newhidups      0x0003      0x050d   0x0980    0x0000       0x0000
 0x00         0x00            0x00            0x00            0x00
          0x00               0x00000000
(((END))

-Andrew