[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Protection Center and Suse

arnaud.quette@mgeups.com arnaud.quette@mgeups.com
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:12:05 +0200

Hi Johannes,

> I try since a week to run my MGE Protection Center under Suse Linux 9=
.3.
> At the MGE site i found an HowTo. I have installed NUT an create the
> configs but at boot the newhidups driver say=B4s "no USB/HID UPS foun=
d".
> Anyone an Idea?

there are several issues with SuSE / Novell, I've mostly solved
with the new Personal Solution Pac and associated packages...

Your issue should be with USB file permissions and hotplug
files (see newhidups manpage, section INSTALLATION).
You basically need to copy nut/scripts/hotplug/libhidups (+ chmod
a+x) and libhid.usermap). Then unplug / replug the USB cord,
and restart NUT.

But prefer to register to the PSP Beta Test, and follow the installatio=
procedure:
http://www.mgeups.com/products/pdt230/software/sp97/solpaclinux.htm

Arnaud Quette
---