[Nut-upsuser] NUT on CentOS (asterisk@home)

Davide Ferrari davide.ferrari at atrapalo.com
Tue Aug 29 13:10:35 UTC 2006

El Martes, 29 de Agosto de 2006 14:13, Doug Parsons escribió:
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=nut
>
> And use the package for the Fedora Core 4. CentOS is of course a clone of
> Redhat and this version is RHEL4 if I am correct. Most of the packages for
> the Fedora Core 4 will work. It too is a clone but uses all the latest
> packages of everything as a test bed for the leading edge.
>
> http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/updates/4/i386/nut-2.0.3-0.fc4.2.i386.
>h tml
>
> Takes you straight to the package.

Thanks for the suggestion...I was wrong with the CentOS version I suppose
cause it happens to be a Fedora3 clone, so Fedora4 packages doesn't work, but
with Fedora3 packages it gone smoothly.

Now I'm stuck with getting the snmp driver working, I've installed net-snmp
but here it is what I get:

# /sbin/snmp-ups -DD -a sai
Network UPS Tools - Multi-MIBS SNMP UPS driver 0.41 (2.0.2)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

debug level is '2'
SNMP UPS driver : entering upsdrv_initups()
SNMP UPS driver : entering load_mib2nut(ietf)
load_mib2nut: using ietf (RFC 1628) mib
SNMP UPS driver : entering nut_snmp_init(snmp-ups, sai.atrapalo.com, public)
ietf MIB wasn't found on sai.atrapalo.com

The config file are taken exactly the same from a gentoo/ubuntu installation
(see my previous post "NUT on Ubuntu Dapper")...it's due to an unsupported
UPS in 2.0.2 version? It's the only difference between this and the other
installations which are 2.0.3...
It's a MGE UPS Comet Extreme with a SNMP Transverse card ref. 66074

--
Davide Ferrari
System Administrator