[Nut-upsuser] Compaq R1500 UPS and Linux

liz liz at unixgrrl.net
Mon Feb 27 17:45:15 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I pulled the latest version from cvs, I have verified that the serial
port works (I plugged in a spare cisco 1700 I had lying around and
brought it up on the console)

Do they need a proprietary cable? Im using one I picked up online
thats just a standard serial cable.

- - --technical mumbo jumbo--

Version Header on daemon startup:
UPS driver controller 2.1.0
UPScode II UPS driver 0.84
Bmcxcp reports 0.10

Here are the results:
With the bcmxcp driver im seeing:
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command

With the upscode2 driver i'm seeing:
Bad resonse to UPTP "":
Bad response to UPTP::"
Missing UPCL after UPCL
Communications with UPS lost: Empty string from UPS for UPDS!