[Nut-upsuser] Re: Xserve, USB, NUT

Ted nups at bjmoose.com
Sat Jan 7 10:24:21 UTC 2006

Further info, here's the debug output from newhidups:
Checking device (051D/0002) (002/003-051d-0002-00-00)
 - VendorID: 051d
 - ProductID: 0002
 - Manufacturer: American Power Conversion
 - Product: Smart-UPS 1500 FW:601.3.D USB FW:1.5
 - Serial Number: AS0544120062
 - Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device...
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 61939)
Unable to get Report descriptor (-1)

Apparently while 2.0.2 can grab the device from OS X, 2.0.3 version does
not.