[Nut-upsuser] Setting MGE powershare attributes

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 16:47:00 UTC 2006

I've just commited something in the trunk.
It works for newhidups, but I've not tested it much yet...

For the recall, the need is to have a special powering order of the outlets
at boot time.

Use case:
- we have two outlets, identified in the nut tree as outlet.1 and outlet.2
- we want to power up outlet.1 10 sec. after the UPS has restarted its
_output_, and outlet.2 20 sec. after the UPS has restarted its _output_

How to set this up (while waiting for docs/powersave.txt completion):
- configure the ups {on,off}delay
driver.parameter.offdelay: 90
driver.parameter.ondelay: 120
This means that, in the end of the shutdown process, we will send an order
to poweroff the ups 90 sec later.
When the power will be restored, the ups will wait for 30 more seconds (120
- 90), and will then power up output.
- 10 seconds later, outlet.1 will be powered up
- 10 more seconds later, outlet.2 will be powered up

enjoy, and remember that it's still to be completed.
Feedback welcome.

Arnaud