[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CP1200AVR/BC1200D problems

Rob lists at midsummerdream.org
Thu Jul 20 23:41:03 UTC 2006

I recently purchased a CyberPower CP1200AVR UPS and am trying to get NUT
2.0.3 or NUT 2.1.0 to work with the newhidups driver, but am having
little success.  Before I purchased I did some googling and saw people
talking about problems so I'm guessing it may not be supported yet?  I
did find some posts about people getting it to (sort of) work with some
hacks, but couldn't tell if they ever got submitted to the NUT
development team.  I also found some posts about the CyberPower
900AVR/BC900D having issues, and it looks like I am having the same
problems as the person trying to use that UPS.  Namely, I see these
messages in syslog:

kernel: usb 1-2: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd newhidups rqt 128 rq
6 len 255 ret -110

I don't have much experience in protocol decoding, but I am a software
engineer and I'd like to help get this UPS supported by NUT.  Does
anyone know the status of the support for the CyberPower CP1200AVR or
have anything new to try?

Rob