[Nut-upsuser] Error during make: *** No rule to make target `usb.h', needed by `tripplite-hid.o'. Stop.

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Sun Jul 23 09:28:04 UTC 2006

Hi Phil.

lör 2006-07-22 klockan 12:25 -0500 skrev Phil DeBoest:
> I downloaded the latest development tree (revision 471), ran configure
> with the following command:
> ./configure --with-user=nut --with-drivers=tripplite-hid
> make
>
> The common directory is built normally, then when it tries to make the
> drivers, I get this error:
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `usb.h', needed by
> `tripplite-hid.o'.  Stop.
>
> I get this error when I try to build any usb or hid driver. When I try:
> ./configure --with-user=nut
> make
> make usb
>
> I get:
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `usb.h', needed by `newhidups.o'.  Stop.
>
> The operating system I want to run it on is Slackware 10.1, though have
> tried building it on a Slackware 10.2 and even a SimplyMepis 6.0 (Ubuntu
> Dapper) box with the same results.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It looks like the Makefile.drvbuild have to be regenerated.
When you have done the config, cd into the driver directory and run
'make depend'.

Then 'cd ..' and do the 'make' and 'make usb'.
Now it should build.

It bombs out on the make as the target is an usb driver. But it builds
on the 'make usb'.

Regards
Kjell