[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CP1200AVR/BC1200D problems

doug reynolds mav at wastegate.net
Sun Jul 30 19:45:56 UTC 2006

Charles Lepple wrote:
> 1) Install a Windows guest OS in VMware (running on your existing
> Linux host)
> 2) Install the UPS monitoring software
> 3) Ensure that the UPS monitoring software works through the VMware
> virtual USB connnection
> 4) Enable Linux-side USB monitoring
>
> This discussion (and improvements to the internals of cpsups) might
> actually be more relevant to the nut-upsdev list, however.

on a side note..  I've been playing around with my setup with the 1200AVR..

If I yank the plug, the system will run for about 3-5 minutes and just
shut off.

when I am monitoring the ups from the /cgi-bin/, it will show the ups
drop to about 65% battery, and then it will start to climb back up and
hold steady at ~70%.  Then all of a sudden, it'll (the ups) will shut
off (and not gracefully).  once I reload the system, it shows the
battery recharging @ ~95%.

you folks have any ideas, except that the driver isn't working correctly?

btw, it also takes a power cycle of the unit to get power back.