[Nut-upsuser] Recommended UPS to buy for use with NUT?

Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Mon Jun 5 14:31:42 UTC 2006

> On 6/4/06, Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H <ml at t-b-o-h.net> wrote:
> >         Warning on that. Even though the Ellipse Pulsar 1200 I bought
> > said it would do 90 minutes, its pretty much "hard coded" to just do a
> > countdown and shutdown within 20-30. Even if you deplete the battery
> > completely, when you start it up it thinks its at 86% charged. You can't
> > go by what the MGE calc says and what you'll get for all models.
>
> Hmmm, the MGE unit I've got correctly reports the charge on startup,
> but then I bought the Ellipse Premium - maybe it's only the bottom of
> the range that suffers this way.

	And thats very possibly the case. I tried getting an answer from
MGE tech support and sales about this, but I got alot of run around and
them not being completely sure. They did finally offer to send me a
test unit to check for myself. I declined. I ended up stuck with the
Ellipse Pulsar 1200 (Vendor I bought from refused to take it back
since it wasn't "bad", just not what I expected) so I just ended up
using it for a simple PC setup that I didn't need to maximize the uptime.

		Tuc