[Nut-upsuser] SUMMARY re: Success with SNMP Monitoring build

Tim Chipman tchipman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:31:36 CET 2006

Hi,

many thanks to those who responded (Charles Lepple and "lonely wolf")

In order to build, as directed, I needed to install a few goodies via
"yum".  Things then built fine and nut seems to detect my UPS perfectly and
things are going well.

I should mention, maybe, that the following yum installs were done to get
this working.

--paste--

yum install net-snmp-devel

# the following was also needed on my machine to get the build to proceed.
yum install openssl-devel

after this, in my nut source tree,

./configure --prefix=/opt/nut --with-user=nut --with-drivers=snmp-ups
make
make install

go to /opt/nut/etc and edit config files as per install guide docs for nut
things go swimmingly - yay.

--endpaste--

Many thanks for the help,

--Tim Chipman