[Nut-upsuser] "Communications lost" temporarily at every startup

Paul Mogren fkamogee at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 21:49:41 UTC 2007

--- Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:

> Paul Mogren wrote:
>
> > I did not have any success with adding a delay
> between
> > startup of driver and server.
>
> Did you add a *really* long delay, like 60-120
> seconds or so?

Yes, it didn't make any difference. But, upon reading
this, I thought I'd go back and try putting the delay
between startup of server and monitor, and that does
suppress the notification. Ten seconds works for me.
Everything else seems to still be in order; I cut the
power to the UPS and the computer shut down.

Unrelated: I noticed some problematic behavior with
2.0 if I disconnect and reconnect the UPS from the
computer, but I'll try and see if 2.2 fixes that. If
not, I'll start a new thread.

> > Yes, I am using openSUSE 10.2. Thanks for the RPM
> > offer. I'll take you up on it; you can send it to
> this
> > email address if you like, or send me a link,
> whatever
> > works. Latest stable version would be good.
>
> A link is in the mail. I do not have unlimited
> bandwidth available on
> that server, so I would appreciate it if you kept
> the link for yourself.

Got it, thanks again.
-Paul